William Fisher is one of the makers that potentially had a mark registered in the missing registers as he gained his freedom on 4th July 1764. He is listed in the parliamentary report of 1773 as a plate-worker. William & John entered their mark as father and son on 16th August 1793, as plate-workers. They entered another mark on 31st August 1797 as spoon-makers. John Fisher then entered a mark on his own on 22nd February 1799. The partnership therefore lasted about 5.˝ years.

William & John Fisher’s sugar tongs are recognisable by their size. They are fairly rare, perhaps indicating that making sugar tongs was not a mainstay of their business.

Click on a picture for more details

1794/95

1795/96

1795/96

1795/96