It is believed that James & David Crawford were brothers. James Crawford registered his first mark on 5th August 1763 and was assaying work until 20th March 1795. He died in May 1795. These tongs are a beautiful pair of flared bright cut engraved tongs, with a concave bow. They have a crude engraved monogram and are dated c1790.

Click here to see tongs by David Crawford

Click on any picture to enlarge